[Freifunk-Bonn] [B.A.T.M.A.N.] On compat version 15 in the Freifunk-KBU network

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
So Mai 19 15:05:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

Simon answered most of the raised points already but I'd like to emphasize
this statement a litte:

> -> We'd by very happy if someone forks batman-adv to provide modules for
> recent kernels still using version 14

Recently, we discussed a stable release policy on IRC with T_X as you might
have seen. We (as batman developers) are very much in favor of longterm stable
release maintained by someone. You could backport kernel support or even
critical fixes. We will surely help anyone willing to take on this task. The
respository can be hosted on open-mesh.org and you can even write
announcements to let others know about your work.

Of course, you can also host it elsewhere and do all the work on your own but
then it will be harder for others to find your work.

Cheers,
Marek