[Freifunk-Bonn] Neue Node online in Köln Altstadt!

Sean Mitchell nospam2006110401.sv1b1 at muzik.ca
Mo Sep 23 16:38:10 CEST 2013

Hallo, Freifunker!

I just wanted to write a quick note to say "Hello", and introduce myself
and my new node which went online over this past weekend, Dracorex in the
Kölner Innenstadt.  I have been a long-time mailing list lurker and I
finally purchased myself a TL-WR1043ND for Freifunk.

The setup of this couldn't have been easier, I was online within 15
minutes!

Is there any documentation that I can hang in the stairwell of my building,
to generate interest in further nodes?  I was thinking of something similar
to this<http://kbu.freifunk.net/index.php?title=Datei:Aufkleber_Gewerbe_v1.0.png>but
not business oriented.  The
Rheinland Freifunk site has two great possibilities,
this<https://wiki.freifunk-rheinland.net/images/3/33/FreifunkPoster.pdf>and
this <https://wiki.freifunk-rheinland.net/Nachbarschafts-Flyer>.

If KBU doesn't have anything like these, then I can make some but I'll need
someone to prüfe meine Arebit, weil ich kein Nativespeaker bin :)  I was
thinking it would be good to change the Rheinland samples a bit to include
a logo, as well as a QR-code to the project site for more info.

I am hoping to soon make it to a meeting at C4 to meet people in person,
and learn more about the other side of the network.

Is there any documentation on setting up SNMP access to the node? I would
like to query and graph (via cacti) my node over time to show attached
clients, traffic statistics, and anything else that might be interesting.
Additionally, alerting if it becomes unreachable, etc etc.

--
========
Sean Mitchell

echo "zvgpurfr at tznvy.pbz" | tr '[a-m][n-z][A-M][N-Z]' '[n-z][a-m][N-Z][A-M]'