[Freifunk-Bonn] Q: haveged on MIPS-Systems vs. Cycle-Count == 0

Jan Lühr jan at jluehr.de
Di Sep 10 10:25:15 CEST 2013

Hello,

sorry for mailing you in person - I'ven't been able to find any mailinglist on
haveged so far.

We're using haveged on OpenWRT / mips in order to generate VPN keys during
boot. Afaik havege takes the CPU cycle cout into account for accessing
entropy:
"During an initialization phase, the hardware clock cycle counter of the
processor is used to gather part of this entropy"
(http://www.irisa.fr/caps/projects/hipsor/)

Are you aware of: https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2013-
September/021318.html ?
Is there an impact on haveged on OpenWRT / MIPS?

Thanks,
Jan