[Freifunk-Bonn] Xiaomi Mini

yanosz freifunk at yanosz.net
Fr Jun 1 12:22:52 CEST 2018

Hello,

Am 2018-05-24 um 20:42 schrieb Alexandr Kozlov:
> Hello guys,
>

> Is there a manual how to configure Xiaomi Mini to install
> kbu.freifunk.net firmware?

Cool :)

> I see that this router support OpenWrt firmware.
> https://openwrt.org/toh/xiaomi/mini

I'm very interested in running Freifunk on MT7620A devices.

Afaik, this is the only 802.11ac chipset having open"ish" driver.
Also, this may be a reason to choose 802.11s in favor of ad-hoc (IBSS).

If you're up to tinkering, you can try node-config [1]. It should be
possible to use router for Freifunk.

Thanks, yanosz

[1]
https://kbu.freifunk.net/files/node-config/doc/#_quick_start
https://kbu.freifunk.net/files/node-config/doc/#_gluon_node_vpn_offloader

--
For those of you without hope, we have rooms with color TV,
cable and air conditioning